1. Social Services
Normal Working Hours
(Mon-Fri: 9.00am-5.00pm, excluding Bank Holidays and weekends)
If you are concerned about the welfare of a child or young person you can contact the relevant Health and Social Care Trust Children's Services Gateway Single Point of Entry Team (Mon-Fri: 9.00am-5.00pm) during normal working hours.
Contact details are as follows:
- Belfast HSC Trust
Tel: 028 9050 7000;
- South Eastern HSC Trust
Tel: 0300 1000 300;
- Northern HSC Trust
Tel: 0300 1234 333;
- Southern HSC Trust
Tel: 0800 7837 745 / Freephone: 028 3741 5285;
- Western HSC Trust
Tel: 028 7131 4090.
More information on how to make a referral can be found in the Referrals Procedure.
Outside normal working hours and in an emergency (Friday 5.00pm – Monday 9.00am, including Bank holidays):
Regional Emergency Social Work Service
Tel: 028 9504 9999
2. Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI)
If you, or someone you know, has been the victim of abuse, or if you are the parent of a child this has happened to:
- Report the matter directly to the police service the Central Referral Unit on 101, the non-emergency number, and you will be put in contact with a specially trained police officer who will speak to you confidentially.
Opening times are:
- Monday to Friday (8.00am – 5.00pm);
- Saturday and Sunday (9.00am – 5.00pm).
- In an emergency situation dial the police emergency number 999.
You can call 0808 800 5000 or e-mail email@example.com to report concerns about a child/young person.
Children/young people can contact ChildLine for advice on 0800 1111 or e-mail them by visiting www.childline.org.uk.
If you, or someone you know, is in distress or despair, call Lifeline on 0808 808 8000. This is a confidential service, where trained counsellors will listen and help immediately on the phone and follow-up with other support if necessary. The helpline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also access the Lifeline website at www.lifelinehelpline.info.