Mental Capacity Act 2005 Resource and Practice Toolkit
Welcome to the tri.x Mental Capacity Act 2005 Resource and Practice Toolkit. This resource will support practitioners working in statutory social care or healthcare to understand the Act and practice confidently when supporting people to make decisions, assessing mental capacity and applying the Best Interests principle.
COVID-19 resources for mental capacity
A range of guidance and resources to support the implementation of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards has been added to the tri.x Resources tab above.
- Using this Guidance, Keywords and Forms
- When the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Apply
- Requesting a Standard Authorisation
- The Assessment of Qualifying Requirements for a Standard Authorisation
- The Best Interests Assessment
- The Eligibility Assessment
- Granting a Standard Authorisation
- The Independent Mental Capacity Advocate
- The Relevant Persons Representative
- Reviewing, Suspending and Ending a Standard Authorisation
- The Power of any Eligible Person to Request a Deprivation is Considered
- Urgent Authorisations